Sigma® respects the personal privacy of all users of www.sigmaguitars.us (“Website”). We therefore take all of our obligations for processing personal information very seriously. This Privacy Statement applies to any use of the Website and to communication the user (You) has with us.
We may ask you for your personal information when you request information from us, submit any comments to us or if you report a problem with the Website.
We may collect and process the following information about you
- Your name
- Date of birth
- Contact telephone numbers (including mobile)
- E-mail and postal address
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Website
- Details of your visit to the Website and any transactions or downloads you carry out on the Website.
- Your personal information will only be used for the purposes of providing you with information on products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you (where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes) or as stated in this Privacy Statement.
You expressly consent to Sigma®
- Processing your personal information so that Sigma® can inform you about new products and services available from us
- Processing your personal information to enhance the services and goods Sigma® makes available to its customers
- Using cookies and traffic data
- Processing an order
- If you do not register as a customer but wish to email Sigma® through the Website contact form you will be providing us with personal information about yourself, including your email name and contact details. We will only use such information for the purposes of providing a reply, reviewing any feedback or improving the Website.
If you are simply browsing our Website we will not collect any personal information that will identify you. However, we will collect information using cookies and/or traffic data that use IP addresses or other numeric identifiers that analyse navigation and use of the Website. Personal information collected will be retained by Sigma® for as long as is reasonably necessary to provide products and services (including after sales service) to you.
Cookies and traffic data
A cookie is a small amount of data which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer or mobile phone (referred to here as a “device”) browser from a website’s computer and is stored on your device’s hard drive. Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser’s preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a website to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites. Most sites do this whenever a user visits their website in order to track online traffic flows.
Information supplied by cookies can help us to analyse the profile of our visitors and help us to provide you with a better user experience. Sigma® also use a number of independent measurement and research companies.
Disclosure to third parties
We will not pass your personal information to anyone without your prior consent, except the following: Third party service providers for the purpose of fulfilling orders or information that you have requested. In the event that Sigma® sells or buys any business or assets, or where we are otherwise legally required to do so, for example to any law enforcement agency with statutory authority.
Updating, accessing or removing personal information held by us
You can amend or remove your personal details either by signing in to Your Account if you are a registered Dealer of Sigma® or by notifying us. You are entitled by law to request us to send you a copy of any personal data we hold. If you wish to exercise your data subject access rights, please contact us with sufficient information to verify your identity and the personal information you require.
We may use your personal information to contact you in relation to special offers. You can opt out of receiving any email marketing material from us by removing your consent at any time either by signing in to Your Account or notifying us. Having opted in to receive email-marketing material you will always be provided with an opportunity to opt out on each such communication.
We are committed to protecting the security of your personal information, however we cannot guarantee the complete security of our database, nor can we guarantee that information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet. Any transmission is at your own risk. In the event that there is an interception of your personal information or unauthorised access or use of our database, we will not be liable or responsible for any resulting misuse of your personal information.
Updating our Privacy Statement
We may update this Privacy Statement from time to time in our sole discretion and, in such event; we will post a clear message on our Website. By continuing to use the Website after we post notification of any such changes, you accept and agree to this Privacy Statement as modified.